Signs still point to Quinn as starting QB
Browns coach Eric Mangini has declined to publicly announce his starter against the Vikings, but most signs have pointed to Quinn winning the lengthy quarterback competition over Derek Anderson. Quinn, a first-round draft pick in 2007, went 1-2 in three starts last season before he was sidelined with a finger injury.
Quinn worked with the starting offense during the 30 minutes of practice open to the media.
Mangini told his quarterbacks who will start, but did not announce it because he said he wants to keep a competitive advantage over the Vikings.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Charles, Chiefs agree on extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 NFL PREVIEW
BACKUP QB PLANS
RANKING TODAY'S QBs
HOW THEY DO IT
10 BIG QUESTIONS
ESPN THE MAGAZINE (INSIDER)
- Sparo Cleveland Browns Crusher Watch