Signs still point to Quinn as starting QB
Browns coach Eric Mangini has declined to publicly announce his starter against the Vikings, but most signs have pointed to Quinn winning the lengthy quarterback competition over Derek Anderson. Quinn, a first-round draft pick in 2007, went 1-2 in three starts last season before he was sidelined with a finger injury.
Quinn worked with the starting offense during the 30 minutes of practice open to the media.
Mangini told his quarterbacks who will start, but did not announce it because he said he wants to keep a competitive advantage over the Vikings.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman is expected to play as baby nears
- Super Bowl XLIX tickets most expensive ever
- Sources: Peyton may decide to return soon
- Sources: NFL probes Falcons' fake crowd noise
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 NFL PREVIEW
BACKUP QB PLANS
RANKING TODAY'S QBs
HOW THEY DO IT
10 BIG QUESTIONS
ESPN THE MAGAZINE (INSIDER)
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Cleveland Browns Barkevious Mingo #51