Chargers miss key starters at practice
Running back LaDainian Tomlinson, center Nick Hardwick and right guard Louis Vasquez all missed their second straight practice on Thursday, decreasing the chance they'll play against the vaunted Ravens defense.
Hardwick and Tomlinson have sprained ankles and Vasquez a sprained knee. On Friday, the team will officially update their status for Sunday's game.
"The odds go against you," coach Norv Turner said. "The guys that practice today have a better chance. For the other guys, their chances go down."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- Broncos' visits to Bama catch NFL's attention
- OTL: He may have shot Tillman
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
2009 NFL PREVIEW
BACKUP QB PLANS
RANKING TODAY'S QBs
HOW THEY DO IT
10 BIG QUESTIONS
ESPN THE MAGAZINE (INSIDER)
- '47 Brand Men's San Diego Chargers Navy Franchise Fitted Hat