Canty out with calf injury
Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Friday that Canty missed practice again with a calf injury and has been ruled out for Sunday night's game against the Cowboys.
Canty, who left Dallas to sign with New York as a free agent, got hurt in practice Wednesday.
Coughlin also said starting safety Kenny Phillips (knee) and cornerback Kevin Dockery (hamstring) sat out Friday's practice. Phillips had returned on a limited basis Thursday after sitting out Wednesday, while Dockery had been practicing on a limited basis.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 2 PREVIEW
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
- Nike Men's New York Giants Washed Football Off-White T-Shirt