Triceps injury ends Williams' season
It's a big loss for the Chargers. Although the 12-year veteran has a history of knee injuries, he's still been a force in the middle, particularly against the run.
The Chargers already are without running back LaDainian Tomlinson and center Nick Hardwick for Sunday's home opener against Baltimore. Both have sprained ankles. Also, backup defensive end Travis Johnson is out with a groin injury.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Pack sign WR Nelson to contract extension
- Jaguars WR Shorts out with hamstring strain
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Youth San Diego Chargers Shatter Navy Performance T-Shirt