Triceps injury ends Williams' season
It's a big loss for the Chargers. Although the 12-year veteran has a history of knee injuries, he's still been a force in the middle, particularly against the run.
The Chargers already are without running back LaDainian Tomlinson and center Nick Hardwick for Sunday's home opener against Baltimore. Both have sprained ankles. Also, backup defensive end Travis Johnson is out with a groin injury.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Alternate Limited Jersey San Diego Chargers Philip Rivers #17