Cassel to start at QB for Chiefs
Cassel, who injured his left knee in a preseason game Aug. 29 and sat out the season opener at Baltimore, is starting at quarterback against the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.
Cassel's left knee was still braced this week in practice, but the slight limp he had last week was not evident.
Cassel signed a six-year contract for a guaranteed $28 million after coming from New England in a trade.
Brodie Croyle started in Cassel's place in the 38-24 loss to the Ravens and hit 16 of 24 passes for 177 yards and two touchdowns.
Information from ESPN's Adam Schefter and The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- NFL to look at big changes for replay system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 2 PREVIEW
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
- Great American Products Kansas City Chiefs Grub Jug