Westbrook hopes to play next week
Westbrook had his ankle taped in the third quarter of Philadelphia's 48-22 loss to New Orleans on Sunday. He had 52 yards rushing on 13 attempts.
Westbrook says the ankle feels sore. He had surgery to remove scar tissue and bone fragments from his right ankle in June.
The Eagles play Kansas City next week.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 2 COVERAGE
- Antigua Men's Philadelphia Eagles Pique Xtra-Lite Green Polo