Westbrook hopes to play next week
Westbrook had his ankle taped in the third quarter of Philadelphia's 48-22 loss to New Orleans on Sunday. He had 52 yards rushing on 13 attempts.
Westbrook says the ankle feels sore. He had surgery to remove scar tissue and bone fragments from his right ankle in June.
The Eagles play Kansas City next week.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Charles, Chiefs agree on extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Suggs wants Flacco to be more vocal leader
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 2 COVERAGE
- Sparo Philadelphia Eagles Crusher Watch