Westbrook hopes to play next week
Westbrook had his ankle taped in the third quarter of Philadelphia's 48-22 loss to New Orleans on Sunday. He had 52 yards rushing on 13 attempts.
Westbrook says the ankle feels sore. He had surgery to remove scar tissue and bone fragments from his right ankle in June.
The Eagles play Kansas City next week.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Saban hosts Peyton in visit of 'mutual benefit'
- Former QB McNabb spends day in jail for DUI
- Source: Watt has 5th-year option exercised
- Ravens activate LB McClain from reserve list
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 2 COVERAGE
- Antigua Men's Philadelphia Eagles Green Succeed Quarter-Zip Jacket