Ex-Lions receiver Rogers pleads guilty
Hill: Chronicle Of A Downfall
Charles Rogers was on the fast track to NFL stardom, but drugs and immaturity led to an epic downfall, Jemele Hill writes. Story
The 28-year-old Saginaw native pleaded guilty Monday to operating a vehicle while visibly impaired.
Rogers was arrested last Wednesday after police officers say he failed sobriety tests in the Detroit suburb of Novi.
Sentencing was set for Nov. 10.
Defense attorney Justin Barnett says he expects Rogers to receive probation.
The second overall pick in the 2003 NFL draft went to jail for a 30-day sentence this year after violating probation in a domestic violence case.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Marshall almost pulled 'a Dez Bryant' Dec. 1
- Durable Redskins LB Fletcher likely to retire
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico NFL Detroit Lions Deluxe Grill Cover