Fisher won't say if Hentrich done
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee Titans punter Craig Hentrich isn't likely to punt Sunday when the Titans visit the New York Jets. Coach Jeff Fisher isn't saying yet if the season is over for the veteran.
The 38-year-old Hentrich strained his left calf during a fourth-quarter punt in the Titans' 34-31 loss to Houston. He had to be helped off the field.
Asked Monday if the injury will end Hentrich's season, Fisher said there are a lot of options now. But Fisher said how long Hentrich is out will determine who they sign to punt in New York.
The 16-year veteran ranks seventh all-time in the NFL with 1,150 punts.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Belichick: Gronkowski cleared by doctors
- Falcons WR Jones cleared for training camp
- Bills' Dareus back in camp, wants to earn trust
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Alternate Game Jersey Tennessee Titans Jake Locker #10