Carter expects to play vs. Bengals
Coach Mike Tomlin said that Carter, filling in for the injured Troy Polamalu, might be limited in practice Wednesday but should be ready later in the week.
Carter was in coverage for both Chicago touchdowns as the Steelers lost 17-14 on Sunday.
Afterward, Carter said he probably shouldn't have been on the field when he gave up Johnny Knox's touchdown catch with 6:21 left because he couldn't cover Knox by himself while hurt.
Tomlin said Tuesday that he wouldn't second-guess his decision to keep Carter in the game, and that he trusts the medical staff to make the right decision whether he could play.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Report: Pouncey could miss half the season
- Browns fan urinates on Art Modell's grave
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 3 PREVIEW
MNF: PANTHERS AT COWBOYS
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
- Riddell Pittsburgh Steelers Deluxe Full-Size Replica Football Helmet