Dawson has 50 percent chance to play
Dawson, who kicks with his right leg, was listed as questionable -- a 50 percent chance of playing -- on Cleveland's injury report on Friday. He had not appeared on the report the previous two days.
With Dawson's status up in the air for Sunday's game in Baltimore, the Browns worked out several free agent kickers, who practiced field goals and kickoffs as they were being videotaped by Cleveland personnel.
Dawson, the only player left from Cleveland's 1999 expansion team, has been remarkably consistent against the Ravens, making 24 of 26 field goals in 19 career games. Dawson's 216 career field goals are tied for second in club history behind Lou Groza (234).
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Gordon to appeal suspension Aug. 1
- Chiefs sign Charles to contract extension
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Party Animal Cleveland Browns Garden/Window Flag