Rams retire Jones' No. 75 jersey
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams honored David "Deacon" Jones during a ceremony prior to Sunday's home opener against Green Bay, retiring his No. 75 jersey.
Jones was part of the "Fearsome Foursome" of the Los Angeles Rams team that included fellow defensive linemen Merlin Olsen, Lamar Lunday and Rosey Grier.
Jones played for the Rams from 1961-1971 and had a team-record 159½ sacks with the Rams and 173½ for his career. He reached double-digit sack seven times and topped 20 three times in his career.
Jones was elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1980.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Bengals punter: Big hits are 'part of the game'
- 49ers' fans plan billboard to mock Seattle
- NFL VP on MetLife Super Bowl: 'Let it snow'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's St. Louis Rams Sideline 2013 Sport Knit Hat