Freeney to have MRI on quad
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Indianapolis Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney says he will have an MRI after injuring his right quadriceps in the third quarter of Sunday night's game against the Arizona Cardinals.
He said the injury occurred on a play in which he was held by a blocker.
Freeney, the franchise's career leader in sacks, said he "felt something pop" on the play. Freeney's fierce pass rush was a big factor for the Colts' defense in Indianapolis' 31-10 victory.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
- Cowboys sign OT Smith to $110M contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Indianapolis Colts Royal Point Polo