Freeney to have MRI on quad
GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Indianapolis Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney says he will have an MRI after injuring his right quadriceps in the third quarter of Sunday night's game against the Arizona Cardinals.
He said the injury occurred on a play in which he was held by a blocker.
Freeney, the franchise's career leader in sacks, said he "felt something pop" on the play. Freeney's fierce pass rush was a big factor for the Colts' defense in Indianapolis' 31-10 victory.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Youth Indianapolis Colts Bar Scarf