Source: Freeney likely out two games
It should be pointed out that in the past, Freeney has been a notoriously quick healer. But if doctors are correct, Freeney would miss the Colts' next two games against Seattle and at Tennessee before Indianapolis hits its bye week on Oct. 18. Under that schedule, Freeney could return for the Colts' game Oct. 25 at St. Louis.
Freeney was apparently injured Sunday night, when Cardinals offensive tackle Levi Brown pulled the Indianapolis defensive end's face mask and Freeney heard a pop in his quad. He underwent an MRI exam on Monday and the Colts received the results Monday night.
Adam Schefter is an ESPN NFL Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Snyder won't intervene with RG III
- Rodgers experiencing pain, status uncertain
- Study: Hits to the head still prevalent in NFL
- Marshall: Cowboys were beat before game
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 4 PREVIEW
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
- Nike Men's Andrew Luck Jersey - Away Game Indianapolis Colts