Whitner requests probation program
Whitner's attorney asked Municipal Court Judge Angela Stokes on Tuesday to approve his participation in the program that would allow the player to clear his record once he finishes probation. Court spokesman Ed Ferenc says Stokes scheduled an Oct. 27 hearing.
The prosecutor's office didn't object to Whitner's request. Whitner's attorney, Larry Zukerman, said the probation department would recommend whether Whitner is eligible for the program, and the judge would make a final decision.
Whitner was arrested in April on allegations of trying to force his way past police officers dealing with a crowd outside a nightclub. He was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ravens CB Smith arrested after bar incident
- Browns' Haden: Cleveland title race is on
- Report: DEA looking into NFL painkiller use
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Boys' Home Game Jersey Buffalo Bills Fred Jackson #22