Jets rule out CBs Sheppard, Strickland
Sheppard, who has a strained right quadriceps, and Strickland, who has a high right ankle sprain, haven't practiced or played since being injured in New York's victory over New England in Week 2.
"I was hoping we'd be able to get them back and they are doing a lot better," coach Rex Ryan said Friday. "They're running, but they're not ready to go 100 percent. We think we could probably play them right now if we had to, but I don't think it's fair to them."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 4 PREVIEW
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL
- Nike Women's Home Limited Jersey New Orleans Saints Drew Brees #9