Boley out for month with knee injury
Boley underwent arthroscopic surgery Tuesday to repair a partially torn meniscus in his right knee. Boley played the entire game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, but the knee stiffened on the plane ride back home Sunday night.
The Giants estimate he will return to action in four weeks.
Fellow Giants linebacker Bryan Kehl, who recovered a fumble on the opening kickoff against the Chiefs on Sunday, underwent surgery Tuesday for a fractured left index finger. Dr. Robert Hotchkiss said Kehl's status is week to week.
John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel works out for Browns brass
- Kelly leaves NYC to continue cancer treatment
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 5 PREVIEW
MNF: Jets at Dolphins
HOT READ: Johnson, Fitzgerald duel
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
- Sparo New York Giants Crusher Watch