Manning alone in third on TD list
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Peyton Manning needed about half of the first quarter Sunday night to throw his first touchdown pass of the game, giving him 343 for his career and moving into third on the NFL's career list all by himself.
The three-time MVP tied Fran Tarkenton with two TD passes last week. Tarkenton sent Manning a letter this week noting the company.
Manning's 343rd TD was a 3-yard toss to Reggie Wayne with 7:28 left in the first quarter for a 7-0 lead against Tennessee.
Manning came into the game needing 36 yards to reach 50,000 yards passing for his career.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Sources: Revis, Pats agree to 1-year deal
- Jets agree with WR Decker to bolster offense
- Saffold back to Rams after failing physical
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File Denver Broncos Peyton Manning Framed Photo