Browns told FBI of threats to Edwards
FBI Special Agent Scott Wilson said on Saturday that the Browns contacted the Cleveland field office about the threats shortly after the Oct. 5 incident. Wilson would not discuss the nature of the threats or who made them. He says the FBI is no longer investigating any threats.
Browns spokesman Bill Bonsiewicz says it's not unusual for the team to communicate with local law enforcement agencies about such matters.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Revis, Pats agree to 1-year deal
- Source: Ware, Broncos agree to $30M deal
- Jets agree with WR Decker to bolster offense
- Source: Panthers to release Smith Thursday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Limited Jersey New York Jets Mark Sanchez #6