Browns told FBI of threats to Edwards
FBI Special Agent Scott Wilson said on Saturday that the Browns contacted the Cleveland field office about the threats shortly after the Oct. 5 incident. Wilson would not discuss the nature of the threats or who made them. He says the FBI is no longer investigating any threats.
Browns spokesman Bill Bonsiewicz says it's not unusual for the team to communicate with local law enforcement agencies about such matters.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Redskins' Cousins to start in place of RG III
- Urlacher: Bears should stick with McCown
- Ravens' Elam on Megatron: 'He's pretty old'
- NFL to look at big changes for replay system
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Cleveland Browns Training Camp 39Thirty Grey Hat