Jets sign Woodhead, cut Green
Saturday's moves come with the Jets possibly a bit short-handed in their receiving corps for Sunday's game against the Buffalo Bills. Jerricho Cotchery (left hamstring) and Brad Smith (quadriceps) are listed as doubtful for the matchup.
Woodhead recently was converted from running back to wide receiver, and even changed his jersey number from 22 to 83. Coach Rex Ryan said the former NCAA career rushing leader from Chadron State could make an excellent slot receiver.
Green, signed as a free agent in the offseason, had seven tackles in three games.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's New York Jets Upkilter Green Mid-v T-shirt