Driver's 596th catch sets team mark
Driver made the 5-yard reception against Detroit early in the first quarter of Sunday's game for his 596th catch, one more than Sterling Sharpe. Driver has caught a pass in each of his last 116 games, also a Packers' franchise mark.
He immediately knew the magnitude of the moment before the formal announcement at Lambeau Field.
He pointed upward and waved at Packers fans to thank them before making sure the ball was saved. Driver was a seventh-round pick by the Packers in 1999. He's spent his entire career in Green Bay, playing in 150 games and starting 113 of them.
The catch put Green Bay at the Lions 6, and the Packers scored four plays later to take a 14-0 lead.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Chancellor probable after late-practice injury
- Goodell: Pursuing Deflategate aggressively
- Hundreds lose out on tickets to Super Bowl
- Goodell: NFL to rule on Lynch fine after SB
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Limited Jersey Green Bay Packers Aaron Rodgers #12