Steelers kicker Reed cited near stadium
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers kicker Jeff Reed has been cited by city police for public intoxication and disorderly conduct outside a bar a couple of blocks from where the team beat the Cleveland Browns a few hours earlier.
Police say Reed was cited outside McFadden's Bar about 9 p.m. Sunday.
Reed kicked two field goals in the 27-14 victory.
This is Reed's second brush with the law this year.
He paid $543 in fines and restitution after pleading guilty to disorderly conduct and criminal mischief for damaging a paper towel dispenser in a convenience store bathroom in New Alexandria in February.
Team spokesman Dave Lockett says the team is still gathering information and has no comment.
Police say Reed will be mailed a summons to appear in city court.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 6 COVERAGE
- Great American Products Pittsburgh Steelers Grub Jug