Jets' Cotchery, Smith return to practice
Cotchery (left hamstring) and Smith (quadriceps) didn't participate in team drills Wednesday, but took part in individual drills. They both missed the Jets' loss to Buffalo on Sunday with their injuries.
Edwards (quad) was injured during the game, but coach Rex Ryan said the receiver is getting treatment on the leg and indicated he was in no danger of missing the game at Oakland.
Cornerback Lito Sheppard aggravated his right quadriceps injury against Buffalo, and Ryan said he didn't think he'd play against the Raiders.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts, CFL WR Carter near deal, source says
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
- Patriots' Blount: Seahawks D 'not immortal'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 7 PREVIEW
MNF: Eagles at Redskins
HOT READ: JaMarcus Russell
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
- Nike Men's New York Jets Faster Green T-shirt