Raiders blacked out again
Games need to be sold out 72 hours before kickoff to avoid a blackout in a 75-mile radius. This is the third straight home game that Oakland has been unable to avoid a blackout. The Raiders did sell out their opener against San Diego.
These are the most blackouts in a season for the Raiders since five games were not televised in 2005. Oakland had sold out six of eight games each of the past three seasons after taking over ticket sales from Alameda County.
In their first 11 seasons back from Los Angeles, the Raiders sold out only 25 of 88 regular-season games in time to avoid a blackout.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch starts holdout over contract
- Steelers holding off on new Big Ben contract
- Cowboys' McClain convicted, already appeals
- Saints TE Graham glad contract 'mess' over
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Great American Products Oakland Raiders 60 oz. Clear Glass Pitcher