NFL says Browns didn't violate rules
The league reviewed video of the practice session and interviewed Browns players, coaches and team staff. It was determined Davis' season-ending shoulder injury took place in a controlled environment.
Browns coach Eric Mangini was comfortable that the team did not endanger James, who was reportedly struck by an unidentified linebacker during a post-practice "opportunity period." Earlier reports said James was not wearing any shoulder pads when he was hit by a player in full pads.
The Browns placed James on injured reserve on Oct. 3.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Coleman Cleveland Browns 9'x9' Straight Leg Canopy Tent