Johnson diagnosed with bruised lung
Coach Gary Kubiak says Johnson will undergo several blood tests this week to make sure he is recovering properly and doctors believe he will be fine.
He was injured when he took a hit in the lower back in the second quarter of Houston's 24-21 win over the 49ers. He remained in the game, but began coughing up blood after landing on the ball following a 44-yard catch early in the fourth quarter.
He returned for one play after that and wanted to play more but Houston's medical staff escorted him off the field during the Texans' last drive.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Davis ends holdout, reports to 49ers camp
- Report: Pouncey could miss half the season
- Browns fan urinates on Art Modell's grave
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Andre Johnson Wall Graphic