Whitner in first-time offenders program
Whitner was arrested in April on allegations of trying to force his way past police officers dealing with a crowd outside a nightclub. He was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.
Municipal Court Judge Angela Stokes on Monday approved Whitner's participation in the diversion program. Whitner must report to a probation officer monthly and avoid trouble.
The prosecutor's office didn't object to Whitner's participation, and the probation department reviewed his case and said Whitner qualified.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- G-III Women's Buffalo Bills Glory Royal T-Shirt