Miller to replace hurt Washington
Miller was a second-round draft pick of the Jets in 2005, and made the 2007 Pro Bowl season after leading the AFC with a 30.1-yard average and two touchdowns on kickoffs.
He was waived by the Jets last season and signed with Oakland, which re-signed him for one game before releasing him Nov. 11. Miller has a 26.2 career kickoff return average, and five returns for scores.
Washington, a Pro Bowl returner last season, was placed on injured reserve after breaking his right leg Sunday in the Jets' win at Oakland. He replaced an injured Miller as the primary returner in 2007.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
- Agent: Ex-Cowboy Brent to meet with Goodell
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 8 PREVIEW
MNF: Falcons at Saints
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
HOT READ: Green Bay GM Ted Thompson
HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?
- Northwest New York Jets Sky Helmet Blanket