Johnson returns to Lions' starting lineup
Coach Jim Schwartz had said his "special" target would be a game-time decision Sunday against the Seahawks. He is active for the first time since he injured his right knee on Oct. 11 against Pittsburgh.
Johnson has 20 catches of 25-plus yards the last two seasons, second most in the NFL. The 6-foot-5 receiver has a huge size advantage on Seattle's smallish secondary.
Starting defensive tackle Grady Jackson was inactive for the first time this season. Detroit had listed him as probable with a knee injury, though he did not practice Thursday or Friday.
Seattle was relatively healthy, given it's had 12 starters miss at least one game to injury.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Colts owner Irsay arrested on suspected DWI
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Source: Giants physical for Rodgers-Cromartie
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Calvin Johnson Wall Graphic