Source: Polamalu likely out 1 month
Polamalu, who did not play in the Steelers' 27-24 overtime loss in Kansas City, injured a knee ligament while tackling Cincinnati's Cedric Benson last Sunday. He missed four games after hurting a different ligament during Pittsburgh's opener.
Polamalu's recent injury will not require surgery.
He wore a heavy brace as he watched practice this week.
Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Mo' money: NFL teams split $6B in revenue
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- NFL supplemental draft passes without a pick
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 11 COVERAGE
- Nike Women's Away Game Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Troy Polamalu #43