Warner sidelined by hit to head
ST. LOUIS -- Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner left Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams after taking a blow to the head in the second quarter, and the team said his return was questionable.
Warner was in uniform but on the sideline for the start of the second half as Matt Leinart took over.
Warner was 15 for 19 for 203 yards and two touchdowns, helping the Cardinals take a 21-3 lead. It was unclear when Warner was injured although he took a hard hit from safety O.J. Atogwe on a blitz on his last drive.
Warner, a two-time NFL MVP with the Rams, was facing his old team for the seventh time since joining the Cardinals in 2005. Leinart replaced Warner late in the second quarter.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peyton ready to move on from Super Bowl
- Source: QB Freeman nears deal with Giants
- He's serious: Trump wants to purchase Bills
- Ex-Titans running back Johnson visits Jets
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 11 COVERAGE
- Sparo Men's St. Louis Rams Ghost Watch