Celek tells teammate he tore ligaments
PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles tight end Brent Celek sprained his thumb in Philadelphia's 27-24 win over Washington on Sunday.
The Eagles said X-rays were negative. Celek told a teammate he has torn ligaments in one of his hands after dropping three passes.
Wide receiver Jeremy Maclin stopped a passing Celek at his locker and asked, "you good?"
Celek told him, "No, I tore a few ligaments in my hand."
Celek extended his left hand toward Maclin to take a look. Celek has developed into a top tight end and leads the Eagles with 54 receptions. He has 601 yards receiving and five touchdowns.
Celek caught four passes for 33 yards against the Redskins.
Coach Andy Reid did not mention Celek's injury in his postgame press conference.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Manziel will work out for Browns
- Saban: Talks with Peyton, Gase not together
- Source: 49ers likely to pass on Smith option
- Miami (Ohio) unveils John Harbaugh statue
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 12 COVERAGE
- New Era Women's Philadelphia Eagles Sideline 9Forty Teal Adjustable Hat