Mangini: Rogers to be placed on IR
BEREA, Ohio -- Browns Pro Bowl nose tackle Shaun Rogers is done for the season with a lower leg injury.
Coach Eric Mangini said Rogers will need surgery and be placed on injured reserve. The 6-foot-4, 350-pound Rogers was injured in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 16-7 loss in Cincinnati. Mangini did not specify the nature of Rogers' injury, one of four sustained by Cleveland defenders against the Bengals.
Rogers' leg was struck by teammate C.J. Mosley on a running play with 3:39 left. Rogers was hit on the side of the leg and bent over a pile of players.
"It's tough," said linebacker David Bowens, who has had to shift from outside to inside linebacker. "But the games still have to be played."
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Repetitive Lynch: 'Here so I won't get fined'
- Browner stands by comments on targeting
- Patriots' Blount: Seahawks D 'not immortal'
- Ex-Patriots RB Tatupu had CTE, family says
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 12 COVERAGE
- Nike Men's Cleveland Browns Rewind Lock Up Brown T-shirt