Chiefs get 24 hours to avoid blackout
If the Chiefs (3-9) do not sell out against Buffalo (4-8) by 12:05 p.m. Friday, they will face the first broadcast blackout in the local market since 1990. The game would not be available within a 75-mile radius of Kansas City. The team said late Tuesday that it needed to sell 3,500 tickets.
Dating to Dec. 16, 1990, the Chiefs have played 155 consecutive home games without a blackout.
The Chiefs' next week could be an even bigger test when Cleveland, with only one win going into this week, is the final home opponent of 2009.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers still not ready to return for Packers
- Welker likely out until playoffs, sources say
- Vikes' Peterson 'ready to roll' vs. Bengals
- Bears' Briggs medically cleared to return
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 14 PREVIEW
HOT READ: LOST ART OF TACKLING
MNF: Cardinals at 49ers (8:30 ET)
- Little Earth Kansas City Chiefs Clear String Bag