Fitzgerald to have MRI on knee
The training staff tended to Fitzgerald on the sideline before he was taken to the locker room. He returned to the field with 3:23 remaining in the quarter but did not catch another pass as the Cardinals lost 24-9. Fitzgerald finished the game with two catches for 22 yards -- his worst performance in two seasons.
Fitzgerald is scheduled to have an MRI on his knee Tuesday. He did not talk after the game.
"When he hurt his knee, we thought that there was a big scare, it might be something long-term," coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "But obviously it was encouraging to see him come back. We'll get him checked out."
Fitzgerald has 85 catches for 991 yards and 10 touchdowns this season.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Salute to Service Game Jersey Arizona Cardinals Larry Fitzgerald #11