Man gets life for attempted murder
The state attorney's office says Judge Mallory Cooper sentenced 33-year-old Tyrone Hartsfield on Thursday. He was convicted last month.
Assistant State Attorney Bernie de la Rionda calls the decision "the appropriate sentence."
A message and an e-mail sent to Hartsfield's attorney were not immediately returned.
Collier was shot six times last year as he waited in his car outside a Jacksonville apartment building. He was paralyzed from the waist down and his left leg was amputated.
Prosecutors say Hartsfield was seeking revenge after he was knocked out in a fight with Collier in April at a nightclub.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Jerry backs Romo: We have to 'take risks'
- Sources: Flacco will not undergo MRI on knee
- 49ers' fans plan billboard to mock Seattle
- Official: Hit on Bengals punter was illegal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fanmats Jacksonville Jaguars Football Mat