Cox promoted from practice squad
Jones sprained his right ankle last week against Miami. He started seven games this season, and had 23 yards rushing and 14 yards receiving.
Cox was waived last week and re-signed to the practice squad a few days later. He spent 10 weeks on the team's practice squad and has seen action in three games.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos sign WR Sanders to 3-year deal
- Texans' Foster medically cleared to return
- Peppers joins Packers on three-year deal
- Edelman agrees to re-sign with Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Jacksonville Jaguars 2-Piece Printed Carpet Car Mat Set