Harris arrested for counterfeit tickets
NEW ORLEANS -- Authorities acting on a tip from the NFL have arrested a New York man wanted for selling counterfeit tickets.
New Orleans Police spokesman Gary Flot says 41-year-old Calvin E. Harris was spotted by officers on Bourbon Street as he attempted to sell tickets to the Dallas Cowboys-New Orleans Saints game Saturday night.
The NFL had sent local authorities a bulletin warning them to be on the lookout for Harris. Authorities say they confiscated 17 fake tickets and $2,700 in cash from Harris, who was booked with illegal use of a counterfeit trademark.
Authorities say Harris had been convicted on similar charges in New York and Washington and has an outstanding warrant in Texas for similar charges.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Panthers officially cut ties with receiver Smith
- Sources: Pats' Wilfork asks team for release
- Eagles acquire Sproles for 5th-round pick
- Martin on 49ers: 'It's a blank slate for me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS New Orleans Saints Large Mirror Cover