Chargers get Hardwick back
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The San Diego Chargers are sitting defensive end Jacques Cesaire against the Tennessee Titans because of an injured elbow. However, center Nick Hardwick will be making his first start since hurting his left ankle in the season opener.
The timing of Hardwick's return is perfect for the Chargers. Fellow center Scott Mruczkowski hurt his right ankle in last week's 27-24 win over Cincinnati. Hardwick had surgery on his ankle and practiced throughout the week.
Cesaire had started the last 13 games for the Chargers, but he was injured against Cincinnati.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch plans holdout over contract
- 49ers' Smith: I've stayed sober since Sept.
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Romo says his best football is yet to come
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- San Diego Chargers License Plate Frame