Chargers get Hardwick back
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The San Diego Chargers are sitting defensive end Jacques Cesaire against the Tennessee Titans because of an injured elbow. However, center Nick Hardwick will be making his first start since hurting his left ankle in the season opener.
The timing of Hardwick's return is perfect for the Chargers. Fellow center Scott Mruczkowski hurt his right ankle in last week's 27-24 win over Cincinnati. Hardwick had surgery on his ankle and practiced throughout the week.
Cesaire had started the last 13 games for the Chargers, but he was injured against Cincinnati.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers not cleared, still under evaluation
- Broncos' Welker still not cleared to practice
- Source: Garvin fined $25K for hit on Huber
- Flacco to wear knee brace against Patriots
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- For Bare Feet San Diego Chargers Soft Sleep Socks