Polamalu unlikely to play vs. Dolphins
Polamalu has missed 10 full games and most of two others with a pair of left knee injuries. He hasn't played since Nov. 15 against Cincinnati because of a sprained posterior cruciate ligament.
Polamalu called his current layoff "frustrating," but said it would be difficult to play after only a few days of practice following such a long time off.
According to Polamalu, his knee is still healing. He did not run at close to full speed and he appeared tentative doing some work.
Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Belichick says Patriots 'followed every rule'
- NFL conducts 40 interviews into 'Deflategate'
- Revis: Brady clears air in Patriots' meeting
- NFLPA: Players shouldn't talk 'Deflategate'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Limited Jersey Pittsburgh Steelers Troy Polamalu #43 - Extended Sizes