Jags hold out 3 starters vs. Browns
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars will be without three starters in their season finale at Cleveland.
Receiver Torry Holt, tight end Marcedes Lewis and cornerback Rashean Mathis did not practice all week and were officially ruled out Friday. Backup defensive tackle Atiyyah Ellison (knee) also was ruled out.
Holt (hand) and Lewis (concussion) were injured in last week's loss at New England. Mathis has battled a groin injury the last six weeks.
The Jaguars (7-8) are a long shot to make the playoffs. They need to beat the Browns (4-11) and have four of five other teams -- Baltimore, Denver, Houston, the New York Jets and Pittsburgh -- lose to clinch a wild-card berth.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Jacksonville Jaguars 3-Piece Grill Tool Set