Smith faces drunken driving charge
INDIANAPOLIS -- Authorities say a Colts practice squad wide receiver has been arrested in Indianapolis on suspicion of drunken driving.
A police report says 26-year-old Taj Smith was stopped about 3:30 a.m. Friday after an officer noticed the vehicle he was driving swerved across lanes and went above the 30 mph speed limit.
The report says Smith smelled of alcohol and failed field sobriety and alcohol breath tests. The Marion County sheriff's department says Smith was released later Friday. Police didn't know whether he had a lawyer.
Smith, who played two years at Syracuse, signed to the Colts' practice squad in September. The team said Saturday it was aware of the matter but had no further comment.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Peppers to Packers on 3-year deal
- Steve Smith reaches 3-year deal with Ravens
- Colts strike deal with former Giants WR Nicks
- Pats reach deal with suspended CB Browner
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
NFL WEEK 17 PREVIEW
HOT READ: THE PRICE THEY PAY
PRO BOWL ANNOUNCEMENTS
STOCK WATCH: Fallers, risers
- Great American Products Indianapolis Colts 2-Piece GameBall Coffee Mug Set