Source: Staff to learn fate next week
The members of the Oakland Raiders coaching staff are safe, for now.
The staff, including head coach Tom Cable, is expected to meet with team owner Al Davis next Monday, at which time its fate is likely to be learned, a league source told ESPN.
The embattled Cable has faced assault allegations from an ex-wife and ex-girlfriend, and he also faced allegations of assault for the altercation between Cable and assistant coach Randy Hanson during a coaches meeting that Hanson said left him with a broken jaw.
The Raiders finished 5-11 this season, closing the season with back-to-back losses.
Adam Schefter is an ESPN NFL Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Broncos' Bowlen has Alzheimer's, steps down
- Falcons WR Jones cleared for training camp
- Dungy seeks to clarify Sam comments
- Chargers, Woodhead agree to 2-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Oakland Raiders White Tone Polo