Bucs official: Team didn't court Cowher
A high-ranking member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers spoke out Tuesday night to set the record straight on his team's interest -- or lack thereof -- in free-agent coach Bill Cowher.
The official, tired of the rumors that the team was chasing Cowher, insisted his team has not reached out to the former Pittsburgh Steelers' coach this offseason.
Any assertions otherwise are, in the words of the Buccaneers official, "categorically false."
The Buccaneers official insisted, as the team news release Monday night stated, that Raheem Morris will be the team's head coach in 2010.
Adam Schefter is the ESPN NFL Insider.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sherman still holds grudge against Crabtree
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- Redskins S Jackson banned indefinitely again
- Mathieu advice to Gordon: Pick yourself up
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Tampa Bay Buccaneers White Clean-Up Adjustable Hat