Lawsuit against Suggs withdrawn
Lynn Hoffman, who represents Suggs, says Candace Williams voluntarily withdrew the lawsuit and filed a motion to rescind a protective order she had taken out against him last month. That motion was granted Thursday.
Hoffman says Suggs and Williams were "hugging outside of the courtroom."
Earlier Friday, ESPN's Adam Schefter and The Associated Press reported that the case was dismissed.
Some reports have suggested Suggs had to pay Williams. In fact, Suggs did not pay her, and will not pay her, any type of money.
Last month, Williams accused Suggs of hitting her in the chest, pushing her to the floor and sitting on her while holding her neck with one hand and a bottle of bleach with the other, according to court documents.
Williams alleged in the documents that Suggs threatened to drown her with the bleach and that some of it splashed on her and their toddler son. The alleged scuffle began with an argument over tickets to the Ravens' Nov. 29 game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
At the time, the 27-year-old Suggs was not charged with any crime or wrongdoing but was accused of assault and battery.
The couple has a 2-year-old daughter and a 1-year-old son.
The Associated Press and ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter contributed to this story.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks rout Cards behind big-play offense
- Romo-led Cowboys smack Colts, win NFC East
- Romo as MVP? Unquestionably, Cowboys say
- Patriots escape Jets to pick up 1st-round bye