Rookie Cushing sitting out game
The linebacker dealt with foot, knee and rib injuries, as well as a broken finger, this season. He initially said he would be healthy enough to play but changed his mind Friday.
Cushing says he's disappointed he'll miss the annual all-star game that will be played Jan. 31 in Miami.
The former Southern California standout was the 15th overall pick in the draft. He had 133 tackles, five sacks, four interceptions, two forced fumbles and a safety for the Texans.
One of three rookies selected to the Pro Bowl, he was the AP's Defensive Rookie of the Year.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rivers, Chargers hand Broncos rare home loss
- Three men stabbed in Broncos' parking lot
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Houston Texans Legend Breast Cancer Awareness Red Performance T-Shirt