Rams fire trainer Anderson
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Rams have fired longtime head athletic trainer Jim Anderson.
Coach Steve Spagnuolo said Saturday that he would begin a search for a replacement. He said the move is not related to a rash of injuries during the team's 1-15 season.
The Rams had 13 players on injured reserve and a handful of others who could have been on that list.
Anderson was with the Rams for 26 seasons, making the move with the franchise from the West Coast in 1995. He was among personnel Spagnuolo inherited by last year when he began his first head coaching job.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- 49ers' fans plan billboard to mock Seattle
- Official: Hit on Bengals punter was illegal
- Suspended Incognito 'pulling for' Dolphins
- Saints shake-up: Rookie in at LT, new kicker
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- G-III Women's St. Louis Rams Glory Navy T-Shirt