Bengals' Maualuga pleads not guilty
Covington police spokesman Spike Jones says Maualuga hit a parking meter and two parked cars early Friday with his 2003 Pontiac. There was minor damage.
The 23-year-old was held about seven hours at the Kenton County jail before being released on his own recognizance. Court records show he entered a plea and was ordered to return this month for a hearing.
The Bengals' 2009 second-round draft choice from USC started the first 15 games of his rookie season before breaking his left ankle.
Team spokesman Jack Brennan says he won't comment until the case is resolved. A message was left for agent Gary Uberstine.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Reports: D-Jax owes Rosenhaus over $500K
- Sharper's attorneys to question Ariz. evidence
- Sources: Jets, ex-Titans RB Johnson agree
- Peyton ready to move on from Super Bowl
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey Cincinnati Bengals Rey Maualuga #58