Source: Bucs hire Van Pelt to coach QBs
Van Pelt will get a chance to develop quarterback Josh Freeman as he enters his second season with Tampa.
Van Pelt was a Bills quarterback from 1994 through 2003 and joined the coaching staff as a quality control coach in 2006 and 2007. He was promoted to quarterbacks coach in 2008 and replaced Turk Schonert as offensive coordinator before the start of the 2009 season.
The Bills were 30th out of 32 NFL teams with an average of 273.9 yards per game. They were 28th in the NFL in points per game, at 16.1.
John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rodgers has idea of status, but not saying
- Sources: Welker not expected back vs. Texans
- Harbaugh: 'Absolutely' want to be with 49ers
- Browner vows to sue NFL if ban not dropped
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Wild Sports Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2 'x 4' Tailgate Table