Jets sign nine to futures contracts
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets have hired former Pro Bowl safety Mark Carrier as the team's defensive line coach.
Carrier was Baltimore's secondary coach the last four seasons, including three with current Jets coach Rex Ryan. Carrier had 32 career interceptions in 11 seasons with Chicago, Detroit and Washington.
He takes over for Jeff Weeks, who coached the defensive line when Kerry Locklin left the team in November. Weeks will remain on Ryan's staff.
The Jets also signed nine players to reserve-future contracts Friday: safety Brannon Condren, wide receivers Britt Davis and Marcus Henry, fullback Jason Davis, offensive tackle Dan Gay, defensive tackles Matt Kroul and Ty Steinkuhler, center Michael Parenton and long snapper Tanner Purdum.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Mo' money: NFL teams split $6B in revenue
- Crabtree responds to Sherman: Tired of talk
- Report: Raiders in talks to demolish Coliseum
- NFL supplemental draft passes without a pick
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico NFL New York Jets Embossed Tri-Fold Wallet