Merriman, Tequila settle dueling suits
Merriman was arrested by sheriff's deputies Sept. 6 after Tequila accused him of battery and false imprisonment at his suburban San Diego home.
Prosecutors declined to charge Merriman but Tequila, whose real name is Tila Nguyen, filed a lawsuit that alleged the linebacker choked her. Merriman sued for international interference with a contract, claiming the controversy delayed a T-shirt business he was negotiating with Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
Tequila attorney Cyrus Nownejad said Tuesday he won't disclose terms of the settlement. Neither will Merriman attorney Andrew Skale, who said the dispute was resolved amicably.
Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Ocho Canada: Johnson joins CFL's Alouettes
- Reports: D-Jax owes Rosenhaus over $500K
- Hernandez associate accused of lying to feds
- New Jet Johnson motivated to silence critics
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Siskiyou Gifts San Diego Chargers Executive Tri-Fold Wallet And Collector's Tin